Airbnb is an American based company founded by Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, and Nathan Blecharczyk in 2008. They provide online arrangements for lodging services. Airbnb’s service is primarily to connect people in search of temporary homestays and lodgings with people who wish to rent out their properties temporarily and they receive commissions from each booking. It is often referred to as an online market place because of the nature of the services it provides. With the name Airbnb, many people often wonder if they also provide breakfast, the answer is no, that arrangement is particular to the host. The company isn’t responsible for the services you receive; however, they do inspections on the host’s venue before they approve. Maybe you’ve tried of using your Airbnb or you probably found a better service, whatever your reason may be. Here’s how to delete your Airbnb account.
You should know that deleting your Airbnb account isn’t as easy as many would’ve imagined it to be, deactivating it on the other hand is less tiring and it gives you the opportunity to retrieve it whenever you’re ready. To delete your Airbnb account;
- First Log into your Airbnb account via the official website
- Scroll to the bottom of the homepage and click on help, and then navigate to “contact us” or
- Go straight to the “Contact Us Page”.
- Navigate to “My Airbnb Account” and click on it.
- Go to “Update or Remove Account” and click on it.
- On the next page, amongst the selection, click on “Delete or Deactivate My Account”
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on “I still need help”.
- When you click on this, you would be given 3 options to contact Airbnb.
- You would have to choose either “Chat us”, “Message Us” or “Call us”. Note that these options would vary depending on what day of the week or time of the day you make contact.
After contacting them, there would be a verification process before your account would eventually be deleted. It would usually take about 48 hours before the deletion process is complete and you would receive a confirmation email of deletion.
SEE ALSO >>> How To Cancel Pandora Premium Account
This Is What Happens When You Delete Your Airbnb Account
Loss of Data and Access
As a host or guest, deleting your Airbnb account is a permanent action. For the host it means you would lose your listings, and as a guest, you won’t be able to make a booking except you create a new Airbnb account, this also applies to the host, and they won’t be able to get guests through Airbnb any further.
Reservations Are Automatically Cancelled
Once your Airbnb account is deleted, automatically all active reservations would be canceled for both the guest and the host.
Airbnb Keeps Your Data
While this might make some people slightly uncomfortable, Airbnb like similar services are legally required to retain some of your data, however, it’s pretty much going to be anonymized, so there’s no cause for alarm.
You Can’t Retrieve or Restore Your Account
Deactivating your account with Airbnb is the only way to temporarily suspend your account. On the other hand, when you delete your Airbnb account, you won’t be able to retrieve any information regarding the account.
RECOMMENDED >>> How To Play Spider Solitaire Card Game