Woocommerce is used by WordPress as an open-source commerce plugin. Woocommerce was first designed by Woo themes by original authors James Koster and Mike Jolley first released on September 27, 2011. Woocommerce comes with free base products.
Woocommerce is an open-source plugin written by Jigoshop’s James and Mike which was then bought by Automattic along with WordPress. Woocommerce has been fast growing in the competitive online commerce program market, since it’s purchase by Automattic.
Features of Woocommerce
Woocommerce went from selling a bunch of commercial WordPress themes to powering 30% of online stores. Woocommerce has a lot of features which makes it unique and helps put it on its steady climb to the best way for creating ecommerce stores. Some of these features include:
- Open source: Woocommerce is an open-source which means it can be modified, edited and changes can be made to projects.
- Free: Woocommerce is free to download, with no in house charges, with WordPress also being free.
- User-friendly: Woocommerce creates an interface with an easy to understand layout, menu, and icon which makes navigating easier and quicker.
Woocommerce has an application software available for access through all devices from Microsoft to Android to IOS operating system. Woocommerce also allows you to change how you want to view the layout with themes that allow you to change the layout to your preferred view.
How to use Woocommerce
Woocommerce is one of the best E-commerce platforms since it was purchased by Automattic, it is now being used by high traffic websites. Woocommerce is steadily taking over the online marketing world becoming the trending way for developing successful ecommerce stores. Learn to use Woocommerce by following these steps:
- Buy WordPress host
- Buy a domain name
- Download and install WordPress
- Download and Install Woocommerce
- Expand Woocommerce functionality by introducing themes and plugins
Woocommerce helps you build an online ecommerce store using WordPress. Join the millions of people using the Woocommerce platform for ecommerce and enjoying its features and themes.